West Palm Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Fight for Injured Victims and Their Families
Motorcycle accidents often lead to injuries for riders and their passengers. The damage to a biker’s body can sometimes be devastating and life-long, but even minor injuries can leave victims in a financial bind. However, under Florida law, it can be confusing and complicated for motorcycle accident victims to get compensation from the negligent parties for their losses. The experienced motorcycle accident lawyers at RTRLAW can simplify the process and help you recover compensation for your injuries.
For a FREE, no-obligation case review of your motorcycle accident case, contact RTRLAW today at (561) 331-6920 or toll-free at 1-833-HIRE-RTR (833-447-3787).
What Should You Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
No one likes to think about the possibility of being involved in a crash, but knowing the steps you should take after an accident can help you protect your health, safeguard your legal rights, and make the claims process easier. If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident, follow these recommended actions:
- Move to a safe position: Immediately get yourself out of traffic to prevent the risk of a second accident. However, if you or a passenger have a spine injury, stay in place until medical help arrives. Moving a victim with spinal damage may cause paralysis or other severe injuries.
- Call 911 if anyone is seriously hurt: The health and safety of all victims should be the top priority. Get emergency medical help for anyone who needs it. Even if you feel okay, you should seek a medical evaluation soon after your accident to make certain you don’t have any underlying injuries.
- Contact the local police: For all accidents, a police report provides crucial information on who was involved and what happened. Ask how you can get a copy of the report once it is completed.
- Collect the other driver’s (s’) insurance information: Taking a picture of their insurance card can give you the necessary information.
- Take photos: Images of the accident scene can provide valuable information about what happened. Because accidents are rapidly cleaned up, pictures and videos are often one of the primary sources of evidence.
- Speak to witnesses: Get their contact information and encourage them to stay at the scene and tell the police about what they saw.
- Call our qualified motorcycle accident attorney: This step is vital to your motorcycle accident claim. Our attorneys can advise you on any other actions you should take and will begin investigating your case while the evidence is still available and fresh in everyone’s minds who were involved in the accident.
Why Are Motorcyclists at Higher Risk of Serious Accidents Than Others on the Road?
According to a 2020 report by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorcyclists were 28 times more likely than other vehicle occupants to experience a fatal crash. Why are motorcyclists more likely to experience fatalities than those in cars? One main reason lies in the advancements in car safety. Modern vehicles come with a host of features to protect occupants, from crumple zones to absorb the energy from a crash to seatbelts and airbags to cushion passengers. However, the design of motorcycles does not allow for these types of safety features, and riders are largely unprotected from impacts in an accident.
So, what can motorcyclists do to reduce their risk of severe injuries? For a safer ride:
- Wear brightly colored riding gear to make yourself more visible to drivers.
- Always wear a DOT-approved helmet to protect your head.
- Do not drive while impaired by drugs or alcohol.
- Use thick leather chaps and jackets that can prevent or reduce tissue damage in an accident.
- Ensure that your lights and signals work if you are riding at night or dusk.
Unfortunately, even the safest riders who take every precaution can still be hurt by a negligent driver. If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle crash with a negligent driver, RTRLAW can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
What Are the Most Common Injuries Suffered by Motorcyclists?
Motorcycle accident injuries can vary widely, depending on the circumstances of the crash. Many riders experience “road rash,” which is painful skin damage caused by the friction of the body sliding across the rough pavement. Road rash can cause widespread, and sometimes deep, harm to tissue and nerves. It must be carefully treated to prevent infection and scarring that can limit movement. Other injuries motorcyclists frequently experience include:
- Broken and fractured bones
- Lacerations and contusions
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Head injuries
- Crushed or amputated limbs
- Face, jaw, and eye injuries
- Back and spine damage
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
Most motorcycle accident victims find themselves with significant medical expenses and may require ongoing therapy and rehabilitation for their injuries. The personal injury lawyers at RTRLAW can help you recover damages to pay for your medical treatment, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other accident-related losses.
How Long Do You Have to File a Florida Motorcycle Accident Claim?
Sadly, there’s no time limit on how long your injuries may take to heal. But Florida state laws specify when you can file your personal injury claim. These statute of limitations exist in every state to ensure that claims move through the legal system in a timely manner while evidence and witnesses are still available. In Florida, most motorcycle accident claims must be filed within four years of the date of the crash.
There are some exceptions to this timeline that can reduce the filing window, so it’s important to consult with a trusted motorcycle accident attorney to fully understand the deadlines involved with your claim. A reliable personal injury attorney from RTRLAW will ensure that your case is filed correctly and on time, preserving your legal rights to seek damages from the liable parties.
What Are Your Legal Options if Your Loved One Was Killed in a Motorcycle Crash?
Losing a loved one to a preventable accident is heartbreaking. If you have experienced the tragedy of a fatal motorcycle crash in your family, it can lead to heavy emotional and financial burdens, particularly if your loved one was the primary provider for your household. In these cases, the personal representative of the deceased person’s estate can file a wrongful death claim on behalf of the affected family members. While nothing can undo the blow to your family, a wrongful death lawsuit can ensure that you do not face a financial catastrophe in addition to your grief.
With a wrongful death lawsuit, you may recover damages including, but not limited to:
- Outstanding medical expenses from the decedent’s accident.
- Loss of future support and services.
- The deprivation of family benefits, such as affection and companionship, experienced by the deceased’s spouse.
- Loss of parental guidance for children.
- Funeral and burial expenses.
- Loss of inheritance.
RTRLAW’s compassionate wrongful death lawyers are committed to helping grieving families regain financial stability. To learn more about how we can assist you, reach out to our law firm today for a free, no-obligation case review..
What Can a Skilled Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Do for You?
A motorcycle accident can lead to complex insurance issues and many legal challenges for victims. The aggressive and dedicated personal injury lawyers from RTRLAW are ready to provide the knowledgeable legal representation you need to recover the maximum possible compensation in your case, including:
- Lost wages and the loss of future earning capacity.
- Medical bills.
- Pain and suffering.
- Mental anguish.
- Scarring and disfigurement.
We Come to You!
After an accident, the last thing you need is the hassle of trying to locate and drive to an attorney’s office. That’s why RTRLAW will come to you – at your home, work or even at the hospital. We also can take care of all the paperwork online by email and texting. If you prefer, you can meet with an attorney at our convenient office in West Palm Beach, or one of our other offices in Florida or Texas.
RTRLAW’s skilled attorneys bring years of experience to every accident claim and are prepared to fight for your legal rights. Let us handle the insurance negotiations while you focus on your recovery. Since our founding in 1988, RTRLAW has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for tens of thousands of clients.
What’s more, you pay absolutely NOTHING unless we win your case and recover money for you.
It’s FREE to get started. Simply call us today to schedule your free, free, no-obligation case review at (561) 331-6920 or toll-free at 1-833-HIRE-RTR (833-447-3787).