Florida Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Protect the Rights of Injured Motorcyclists
One of the most significant aspects of riding a motorcycle is the thrill of the open road without the feeling of confinement. Motorcycle riders also enjoy the benefit of using less gas and the ability to find parking in busy cities. However, with the freedom of riding a motorcycle comes certain dangers that drivers in enclosed motor vehicles are protected against.
Motorcycle crashes typically result in very serious injuries, requiring a great deal of medical care to recover, including long-term physical therapy and rehabilitation. Even if the injured person has health insurance coverage, they may be responsible for paying high medical costs. Additionally, motorcycle injuries can take a substantial amount of time to heal, making it impossible for the accident victim to return to work. As a result, many injured motorcyclists quickly find themselves in financial crises.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident caused by another person’s negligence, you may be entitled to file a personal injury claim to recover medical expenses and other damages. However, it’s not easy to navigate all the complex legal issues involved with motorcycle accidents by yourself – especially if you’re still recovering from a major accident. That’s why it’s important to contact a personal injury attorney in Florida who knows the law and can protect your rights.
For more information, contact RTRLAW today toll free at 1-833-HIRE-RTR (1-833-447-3787) if you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident in Florida.
What Are the Most Common Motorcycle Injuries in Florida?
Just as with any motor vehicle incident, motorcycle accident victims can experience a variety of injuries. However, there are many common injuries often reported by bikers after an accident occurs, which include:
- Head Injuries: Although most motorcycle riders wear helmets, they can still suffer head injuries. Traumatic brain injuries can be life-altering and result in the injury victim requiring extensive specialized care.
- Lower Extremities: Motorcycle riders experience the most common injuries in their legs, feet, and thighs. Although these are rarely fatal, they may lead to paralysis.
- Upper Extremities: These injuries may include road rash, broken bones, or sprains.
- Chest: Often, riders suffer broken or cracked ribs and punctured lungs. Chest injuries can be excruciating and take a great deal of time to heal correctly.
- Spinal Cord: Due to the overall lack of protection, motorcycle riders have a greater chance of suffering a spinal cord injury in a collision. In many instances, the victim may suffer permanent paralysis or even death.
If you’ve suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident, you need to speak with an attorney who can evaluate your case immediately. Even minor injuries can cause you to lose time at work, leaving you wondering how you will support your family. The experienced accident attorneys at RTRLAW have successful track records of handling motorcycle accident cases and will fight hard to help you get the compensation you deserve after being injured.
What Should I Do if I Am Involved in a Florida Motorcycle Accident?
If you’re involved in a motorcycle accident in Florida, follow these steps to protect your health and well-being:
- Call 911 to alert law enforcement about the accident. If you are injured, request emergency medical personnel to come to the scene.
- Document the accident scene if possible. Documenting the scene includes taking numerous photos, and videos of the other vehicles involved, the terrain, lighting conditions, and anything else you may think may be important.
- Take pictures of your injuries for your records. Bruises, cuts, and lacerations can fade quickly over time, but having pictures of your injuries right after the accident can significantly help your case.
- Seek medical attention immediately. Make sure you get checked out by a medical professional as soon as possible. Insurance companies often refuse to pay a claim if the injury victim did not seek medical attention.
- Be sure to obtain copies of police and medical reports. Should you need to file a claim, both of these reports will prove to be invaluable to your case.
- Do not speak with the other party’s insurance company. An insurance adjuster may contact you soon after the accident and ask you to make a recorded statement. Be advised that anything you say in the recording can be used against you to try and deny or undervalue your claim.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, we advise you to obtain legal representation as quickly as possible. Insurance companies often like to blame the motorcyclist for causing the accident to reduce their liability. Contact an experienced motorcycle accident attorney like the aggressive attorneys at RTRLAW, who can fight to help you obtain maximum compensation for your injuries.
How Can a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help Me Recover Compensation?
Motorcycle accidents typically cause riders to suffer severe or catastrophic injuries leaving them unable to work and support themselves and their families. If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to recover financial compensation in the form of economic and non-economic damages.
What Are Economic Damages?
Economic damages are awarded to injury victims to reimburse them for the out-of-pocket expenses they’ve had to pay as a result of their injuries. Economic damages may include money the victim has to pay in the future for medical care, such as doctor’s visits, physical therapy and rehabilitation. Some of the most commonly awarded economic damages include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning potential
- Property damage
If the accident victim suffered permanent or catastrophic injuries, it may require specialized medical care for the rest of the victim’s life. Catastrophic injuries include spinal cord and traumatic brain injuries. Specialized medical care is costly and can quickly create a financial burden for the victim and their families. However, highly qualified motorcycle accident attorneys like the ones at RTRLAW can advocate on their clients’ behalf to obtain the maximum compensation needed to adequately provide for their medical care and expenses.
How Can an Injury Victim Obtain Non-Economic Damages?
Judges may grant non-economic damages to help compensate injury victims for intangible losses they have suffered. Because non-economic damages are based on the case’s unique circumstances, every settlement will differ. However, your attorney can evaluate your claim and determine what types of damages are appropriate for your case.
Some of the most commonly awarded non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
- Permanent disfigurement and scarring
Why Should I Choose RTRLAW to Handle My Motorcycle Accident Claim?
RTRLAW is a full-service Florida law firm passionately committed to assisting motorcycle accident victims receive the compensation they deserve after being injured. Our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys are unafraid to stand up to insurance providers and their legal teams to protect our clients’ rights and ensure they’re treated fairly.
Our personal injury attorneys will work diligently on your behalf to make sure the responsible party is held accountable for their actions.
Our experienced and aggressive personal injury attorneys are available to meet with you by phone or in person at one of our six convenient offices in Florida, including:
If you can’t come to us, we can come to you – at your home, workplace or even in the hospital. At RTRLAW, we fight for our clients’ rights to recover the compensation they deserve after suffering injuries from another’s negligence. If we choose to take your case, you will not pay anything upfront. RTRLAW works on contingency fees, which means you pay NOTHING unless we win your case and recover money for you.
Since 1988, RTRLAW has had the honor of representing tens of thousands of clients and recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in settlements and judgments. Our personal injury attorneys fight hard to recover the financial compensation our clients deserve for injuries they have suffered due to another person’s negligence.
To receive a free, no-obligation case review, please contact us today. For more information, call or text us 24 hours a day, seven days a week, toll free at 1-833-HIRE-RTR (1-833-447-3787) or email [email protected].